Now-“dodgy” previously equity-passing historic built links are the biggest threat to brands in 2014.
- Techniques that were common-place a few years ago can now have serious consequences
- Spam thresholds are continually decreasing
- Google aren’t afraid to take action against big brands
- Just because your link profile is cleaner than your competitors does not mean you are safe
- You never know when your link profile could be manually reviewed or reported
- Google will happily strip you of #1 position for your brand name
Here’s how I ranked #1 for someone else’s brand name which has 9,900 exact match monthly UK searches with 45 minutes work and $30. This shouldn’t work.